X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quadratrac / Dana 20 swap

I am considering swapping out the stock Quadratrac transfercase with a Dana 20 transfercase on my 1978 J10. My question is A) is this a desirable swap? B) will it require me to change either drive shafts I currently have with the stock set up? C) is there a template for cutting the floorboards for the shift linkage?
    I have the Turbo400 transmission and the AMC 360 engine

A) desirable is a matter of opinion. I prefer the 20, cast case, all gear, no BS. however there are allot of Qtrac faithfull that love them, "i must admit i miss the AWD aspect of it. B) I did a lift when i swapped mine. so my shafts HAD to get changed, But i'm pretty sure it will require mods to both shafts. C) Simply roll back your carpet towards the seats and you will find a removable panel just for the 20s shifter. D) This is most important. this swap will require a complete tear down of your transmission, as the output on your trans for the Qtrac is one of a kind. and nothing else will mate to it. you have to have a new output shaft installed in your trans. (Recommendation) If you do this swap, have the trans checked and any worn parts replaced. a mild shift kit while there in there will save some wear on your parts.

Comment

Working...
    X